Frequently Asked Questions
- I missed this! Can I still get these prints?
- Is this only by subscription? Can't I buy just the ones I like?
- How many Chibies are there?
- $20 is pretty cheap - are these real woodblock prints?
- You bet. Each pair was carved by Dave on cherryblocks (a key block and accompanying set of colour blocks) and is printed by hand by his staff on the type of washi known as Echizen hosho. This is one of the finest papers available here in Japan, and these little prints will last for literally (real literally!) hundreds of years. Here's an image of the partially-carved keyblock for the November 2012 pair of prints:
- Are gift subscriptions available?
- This is no problem at all. We can send you the invoice information, and the prints themselves to somebody else. Just let us know the two names/addresses in the Comments section when you send in the subscription form. (And we can of course print out and include a letter/message from you in the first package, letting the recipient know what is going on.)
- Can I get the full set all at once?
- Yes of course; we are happy to send them as a complete set, either to you, or to a gift recipient you choose. Just select the appropriate option on the form on the subscription page.
- Do you use current Japanese commemorative stamps when you ship the prints, the way you do with your other print subscriptions?
- Of course! I've learned over the years that this is a big attraction for my collectors - at the same time that they build their print collection, they are adding to their (or their nephew's) stamp collection too!